Thursday, March 20, 2014

Understanding the will of God for our lives



We grow tired of trying to figure God out an ultimately have to just sit back in His arms, relax and let what He wants be. It is when thinking about the will of God we can become so entangled in a web of intrigue and carnal deception. Like a clandestine operative trying to figure out an ever illusive operative they are sent to find. That web will ultimately if approached the wrong way cause one’s self to be exhausted. It is the further we get out on the water so to speak that we begin to realize our brain cannot follow the will of God like we had thought.

So what should a believers life look like and how do we be the will of god. I guess it seems to me we have spent a lifetime making decisions on a minor scale to guide the ship of our lives. You know how that goes does God want me to or does He not want me to? We often forget that upon surrendering our life to Christ the decision has been made on a macro scale now it must be laying down our life and following Him.

It was in relation to this house I have been discovering God in a new way. I drew on all the knowledge of God I had, to try and bring a release over the last 9 months and as time went on I was exhausted by my own thoughts and lay them down. A broken man in many ways I was now devoid of all strength to do what I could have tried to think was the will of God. It was in this time of nothingness God began to move and we are now in the house. The circumstances of how that happened are strange but again when one is so tired of figuring out what he should be doing all we have the strength to do is walk one step after another. You see we had to be out of where we were by the 15th and it was the 14th we got word and moved.

Now rest assured there is much and I mean much uncertainty naturally around the house we now live in but it is evident once again that we have no ability to act in the will of God. As if that will is an external thing that we must find, or an action that we must do. Or a demon to bind or a release to release or……..? It is within this will of God something comes to light like it has never before and any who can say they understand what I am about to say have no idea of the words I will write. We have numbed down the following with religious dirt and lost the point.

We do not find the will of God, we are the will of God when we walk by the spirit we are that manifestation of His spirit life. When in the spirit I do not carry out the lusts of the flesh and the greatest lust is not what we have categorized as overt sin, the greatest lust is allowing the flesh to live. Allowing the flesh to need a will of God action or manifestation for security and comfort and missing the fact, as the will of God when I rest inside God things will just happen. Just like this house I wake in the morning bewildered that we are here. Never could I expect to be in such a place, in the woods  with deer and turkey walk past the windows. With a house so sought after people with a lot better positioning in life than us failed to enter it. God is doing and all I can do is look at God, if I look at the house I am no longer walking by the spirit. If I look at the house I become disturbed. I can but rest and be life. The crazy circumstances that surround the house can only be seen as gossip and any who listen entertain the carnality of death. Yet here we are in a safe harbor amidst a potential storm and rest assured as we just sit inside God and be His will then life follows.
Yes for sure my natural man is unsettled but as I walk by the spirit I will not carry out the lust of the flesh and listen to the flesh who lusts for control power and above all details and understanding. Any who walk spirit can only resolve themselves to say the only detail or understanding or glimpse of the future I need is God. God you are the great “I AM”

No comments:

Post a Comment