Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The Lords prayer - wrote this not to replace the bible but for greater understand of the bible



This prayer is famous but used completely wrong inside religion. Religion recites it like a recording and completely miss the Sspirit point. So I amused myself relating new words that I think Jesus could have said if He sat with us today.
One point to remember, Jesus said this before He was crucified and before Pentecost. Remember the bible is not a stationary book, you cannot pick one point and live there. Each passage builds on the previous as a picture of koinonia and redemption is painted. Before the cross is completely different to after the cross and before Pentecost is completely different to after Pentecost.  After Pentecost we are complete, Pentecost happened in the book of Acts and the Apostle Paul arrived in the bible after Pentecost. I love Paul’s writings as he arrives like us after Pentecost. He is a mirror for us to see ourselves in Christ.

This is Luke 11 in the bible

The original
 So Jesus said to them, “When you pray, say:
Our Father in heaven,[a]
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.
[b]
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us day by day our daily bread.
And forgive us our sins,
For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us.
And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.”


My updated writing for fun, not to replace the bible.

Our Father in heaven
You are beyond amazing
Together I am your kingdom and your will

We are one and your will is done
Heaven manifests through me

Sspirit complete my daily needs
Forgive my carnal focus that distracts me
And I will forgive those distracted by carnality around me
may I abide in spirit and not the flesh so I may no longer see my sin for then I'm free from the evil one 

No comments:

Post a Comment