Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Miracles and the science of


Miracles are just overpowering in their magnitude. Can you even begin to explain a miracle? I remember the first deaf ear that opened when Lara and I prayed. It was an 11 year old boy and I think I was the most astounded person and unbelieving person in the room when it happened. I also was the one praying! It was after the ear opened I was reflecting on the miracle and realized I have no way to explain it. It happened beyond my words, beyond anything that depended on me other than I just prayed and from inside my Sspirit, the Holy Spirit moved. It was the exact same Holy Spirit who had fed and housed my family. He had fed me when there was no hope of food, He had housed me when we were homeless and from within I began to know where His peace lay. From that peace I knew to be my Sspirit conjoined with Him I prayed and life came.

So here before I get to my point can I ask you a series of questions.
1. Do miracles exist to you?
2. Have you ever been near one that happened?
3. Can you explain how the miracle happened, you know the science of the miracle?
4. If someone saw the miracle and wanted to have it happen again what is the procedure to make sure it will always happen, can you guarantee it will work again?

OK so these questions are largely not answerable. It’s like trying to explain what the wind looks like and how to make it blow. Really any who have been part of a true miracle know all they have to do is turn up and relax. So here is the punch line.
Do you understand that after Pentecost in the bible when we are co-joined with the Godhead we no longer can call these miracle happenings isolated incidents. We can’t call them miracles as now in Sspirit life we are the miracle. Christ in us and us in Christ. Now we don’t see miracles we are miracles and when asked to explain Spirit life we are faced with the same challenges you faced earlier answering those questions.
People have studied the bible and examined every place a miracle happened. They then attempt to replicate such. We find people going on 40 days fasts to be like Jesus and others setting up patterns of worship and prayer and denial to see miracles. Oh sure they even see miracles at times and that is what validates their efforts. Really its just like people when examining the Sspirit life in the bible. They read where it has manifest and attempt to replicate it. Would we not do well to relax and let the wind blow and where it goes and comes from nobody knows.
I guess the problem is we have made a life of validating ourselves to God and ourselves looking for miracles and ministry. We missed it folks we are the miracle when we worship in Spirit and truth. So what a natural religious person would call miracles a Spirit Pentecost koinonia believer calls life. Sound arrogant and self righteous. It better or all we have is religious warm and fuzzy feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment